Tuesday 16 February 2016

MOTD Feb 15th 2016 I l - Guerlain's "Enjoy", YSL Tint-in-Oil & LM Laduree


I love Tulips!


Ahh... Spring (well in Australia, we're heading into Autumn) always promises so many things. Most importantly for us makeup lovers, the release of very pretty Spring collections from the various great houses of fashion and beauty.



This is Guerlain's Écrin 1 Couleur Eyeshadow in "13 Enjoy".  It is a single eyeshadow which is quite unusual for the House of Guerlain. They usually release a palette. I would describe the gorgeous case as being a colour between rose gold and copper. It has a good weight to it, which makes it more luxurious.


Enjoy!
I think it is very clever of Guerlain to jump on board the whole tech craze. The "font" used is very reminiscent of old computer games or arcade games. Very cute. When I tried this on, I very carefully use my brush around the "Enjoy" imprint. It come with a double ended sponge tip applicator. I normally toss those out. 



Swatch
It is a pleasant pale sunshine gold colour. Just perfect for those days when you need a pick me up. You can wear it on it's on, and I do recommend a primer if you have oily lids (and even if don't to really show off the colour). I like to wear it all over the lid with a bit of Naked 2 + Faint from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette in the crease and outer corners.



This is a beautiful metal compact from Maison de Reefur with the Lip & Eye Colour "Queen".  I use it mostly as an eye shadow as it gives off a very lovely glistening effect. Used with the Guerlain "Enjoy", the effect is quite astounding. 

Maison de Reefur is a Japanese boutique in Yubinbango150-0033 24-7 Daikanyama, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Sarugakucho Plaza Building 1F. It is a very chic boutique. Very french. The shop is perfectly styled. They sell a mixture of their own brand goods as well as a carefully curated selection of items from around the World.



The interchangeable lip case (the case itself comes in different shades of silver and gold) has an in-built mirror. If you don't want to use it to contain the interchangeable lip shades, you can use it as a pill case, or a little case to store tiny things.

I love discovering beautiful makeup items. I was most drawn to the retro design. 


I am so obsessed with YSL's Volupte Tint-In-Oils. They have just released a few more in this amazing formula. It's yummy, it miraculous, I don't know how it works to be honest. HaHaHa. I think I like the packaging. No. Seriously, it smells delicious, and my lips feel so luscious after I apply it. I feel so Marilyn, so pucker-your-plump-lips-ish. Like I've just had a lip-surgery thingie (sorry, I've never done one, I think it's where they inject something into your lips??? The horror).

This is "No. 11 Love Me Nude". 


As you can see from the swatch, "No. 11 Love Me Nude", is more pink than nude. if you want a true nude, try "No. 3 Me" which is a more sheer no colour oil. This colour that I have here does coat your lips with a very pretty pink. It leaves a stain. The more you apply, the more intense it becomes, but I find that one application is enough for me, and then maybe a touch-up mid-day. 

I suppose if you really wanted to build up the colour, you could apply a layer. Then wait. Wipe off the oil, apply, and repeat the process, till you get the intensity you want. 

The oil does not taste like much. Maybe a bit sweet? It has a scent, but not much of a taste to me. Which is what I really appreciate about it.


This is the Les Merveillleuses Ladurée Pressed Cheek Color compact. The compact is made of plastic but made to resemble gilded ivory.

It's quite a delight to behold. The Les Merveillleuses Ladurée makeup range is very popular in Japan. The quality is amazing and the packaging oh so adorable. For more information check out their website (http://www.lm-laduree.com/en/)



Each compact is made to allow for interchangeable colours. It's a design that is quite common in Japan. Almost every brand I saw there has some form of this type of packaging. You buy the compact/container, choose the colour to place in it, and when new colours come out, you change it out.

The colour I chose is No. 21, It is a purplish colour. I wanted to try something different. I don't think I would have found the LM Laduree store in Omotesando in Tokyo without the help of my friend Saori.

        Yours Truly and Lots of Love, TeaCupofMakeup

1 comment:

  1. The blush is gorgeous!! :D I need to get my hands on some Ladurée makeup! Have a great week ahead!


    xoxo
    Regina

    ReplyDelete