Friday 17 June 2016

Stem Organics Skin Care

The Stem Organics Travel Pack + the Perfect Complexion Masque
Stem Organics is a relatively new Australian skincare and aromatherapy company. I was so delighted to have the opportunity to review some of their products for you.

This is a cruelty free company which is so important to me as an animal lover and it uses all natural products, some of which are native to Australia.

There are three signature ingredients that feature in Stem Organics products. These are Australian Kakadu Plum, which has a lot of Vitamin C in in (good for anti-aging - you're never to young to start!) , antioxidant rich anti-inflammatory Pomegranate and Aloe. Usually, when you look at the list of ingredients at the back of a skincare product the first listed ingredient (which is the main ingredient) of the skincare product is Aqua (water), Stem Organics uses Aloe instead which makes their products even more beneficial.

The list of ingredients include (from their website):
  • Free radical, age fighting antioxidants
  • Natural anti-inflammatory and skin super nutrients
  • Certified organic and natural ingredients
  • Premium quality and organic essential oils
  • Vital essential fatty acids with omegas
  • Nourishing cold pressed and organic nut, seed and fruit oils
  • Powerful anti-ageing ingredients
  • Essential Vitamins and Minerals

I tested out the Travel Companion for Normal/Oily Skin Types and the Perfecting Complexion Masque.

Travel Companion, which retails for A$89.90 contains:

2 x Gentle Cleansing Milk (50ml)
1 x Antioxidant Toning Infusion (50ml)
1 x Smooth Skin Exfoliant (50ml)
1 x Balancing Face Fluid (50ml)


The retail price for the Perfecting Complexion Masque is A$40

You can purchase Stem Organics Products directly from their website. They often have sales so do sign up to be notified! Here is the link https://stemorganics.com/








The Balancing Face Fluid contains Jojoba, Aloe, white Camomile and Echinacea. I was really surprised by how quickly this absorbed into my skin. I have combination to very oily skin depending on the Season, and this did help keep my skin matte or more dewey rather than oily looking.

After trying this for about two weeks, I did notice that I was getting less pimples on my skin. My face also had a translucency that was very pleasing to me. The scent is hard to describe but on learning what the active ingredients are, I think it smells a bit like camomile tea. Very Soothing.


Balancing Face Fluid

Balancing Face Fluid

You can see that it has a very light texture to it.

Smooth Skin Exfoliant

I really enjoyed this exfoliant. Instead of your usual micro beads or ground up nut shells, this one used Bamboo as the abrasive agent. It includes Organic Jojoba to nourish and moisturise the skin 
It also includes a very interesting blend of Pomegranate, Australian Kakadu Plum all of which are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Plus Organic Aloe which helps sooth and heal the skin.

This really made my skin feel very soft, smooth and almost silky. I enjoyed this tremendously. 

It smells exquisite. Like a luscious juicy pomegranate. 


Smooth Skin Exfoliant

You can see how fine the particles of bamboo are. It exfoliates your skin so gently, yet effectively. 


Gentle Cleansing Milk

O.K. i must admit, I was a bit skeptical about this one. I generally prefer stronger cleansers or cleansing oils (my fave is from Shu Uemura). So the "Milk" aspect of the name made me a bit hesitant. However, this does not have a milky consistency as it is a hybrid mixed with gel.  

The way I like to use it when removing makeup is to put some on a cotton pad, then remove most of my makeup that way, including mascara, lipstick and any other waterproof makeup. Then I was my face at the sink using this cleanser. Sometimes, I use it with a Clarisonic or a muslin cloth.

I've then tested it using Bioderma's Sensio Bio Micellar water and the cotton pad comes away fairly clean which to me, means this product is very effective in cleaning your face.



It has a nice consistency. Fairly gentle fresh scent.

It contains the following ingredients:

  • Organic Jojoba 
  • Soothing Organic Aloe 
  • Calming Organic Chamomile provides anti-inflammatory properties
  • Organic Echinacea 
  • Polyphenol rich Pomegranate 
  • Antioxidant Vitamin C Kakadu Plum, naturally grown in the Australian outback.


Perfect Complexion Masque

The Perfect Complexion Masque is my FAVOURITE product that I tested. It is so effective. I love masques in general. They can be so therapeutic both for the skin and for the soul.

It has Vitamin C, Kaolin & Colloidal Oatmeal. It has an exfoliating and soothing effect from the oatmeal and the Kaolin which is a clay that helps draw out all of the impurities.

It also includes Allantoin which is an ingredient derived from the Comfrey plant (a herb), a great anti- inflammatory, anti-irritant, regenerating and protecting the skin.


Perfect Complexion Masque

It comes in powder form and you mix it with water to form a paste. The way I like to apply it is to mix it with a bit a of filtered water in a small bowl to a pancake batter consistency and then apply it with a flat brush (an old foundation brush would work well).

I then leave it on till it drys, while I do something else (be careful though, some flakes may fall off, so don't wear your prettiest clothes!), I then take a muslin cloth and wet that with warm water and slowly and gently remove it.

You'll look and feel like a new woman. 


Antioxidant Toning Infusion

This is such cool toner. I love how they have packaged it with a spray pump. 

It contains organic olive leaf, green tea (known to contain a lot of anti-oxidants) & vitamin B5. It also has pomegranate essence and Kakadu Plum for that extra Vitamin C boost. 

I use this as the last step of my cleansing routine and also after applying the Perfect Complexion Masque. It is so refreshing on the skin to just spritz on a few pumps and wipe away the day's gunk with cotton pad.

I think I will keep this in the fridge when the warmer months come, as I can see it being a very lifting toner after a warm day because of the refreshing scent. 

Again, as with most skin care, I tested its efficacy using Bioderma's Sensiobio Micellar water as my comparison. This toner is almost as effective in removing the last traces of dirt but when I used Bioderma after, the cotton pad did show some slight remaining traces of makeup. Nonetheless, I do like this product because of its properties and I think I will use it more like Caudalie's Beauty Elixir.


Antioxidant Toning Infusion

Pump, Spritz, Refresh!


-------------------------

Final Thoughts: If you are into Organic SkinCare, I would recommend trying out Stem Organics, especially the Perfect Complexion Masque and AntiOxidant Toning Infusion. Those were the stand out products for me. Let me know what catches your interest or if you have any further questions.

Yours Truly and with Lots of Love, 

TeaCupofMakeup

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing 😍, I also think your test for toners is a great one.
    I have found my next skincare purchase thank you for reviewing this 💚

    ReplyDelete