Sunday 26 June 2016

Chanel Le Blanc Primer



Chanel has a new primer called "Le Blanc Light Creator Brightening Makeup Base". Le Blanc in French translates as "The White". So you can more or less guess what it's properties are. 

There is an older format of this primer from Chanel in a glass bottle. However, with the new packaging which matches Chanel's famous Vitalumiere Foundations, this new packaging is a dream for travellers and makeup artists. 

It comes in 4 shades. Lys (illuminating); Rosée (Pink - good for dull skins), Mimosa (Yellow - balance out redness), Orchidée (Lilac - corrects the yellowness in your skin). The availability of the different shades is great as you can skip that extra steps of colour correcting with a solid performing primer.

The composition of this primer is as follows (from Chanel's Website):
The active enlightening ceramic transforms the energy of invisible surrounding light into visible light. Reflecting and actively generating light, it evens out imperfections and dark spots to reveal immaculate radiance and a unified complexion. 
Specially developed for CHANEL, the 2-Year pearl extract is derived from Akoya pearls that are carefully matured for an optimal 2-year period. The extract from these rare pearls effectively prevents protein oxidation on the skin surface for a brighter complexion with light-reflecting translucency. It also contains a high concentration of glycine, a main component of the skin's natural moisturizing factor. Luminous, the skin reveals pearl-like radiance with a moisturizing sensation. 
Liquorice extract acts in perfect synergy with the 2-Year pearl extract to correct yellow tones and brighten the skin.
It retails in the USA for USD55 (without taxes). In Australia, I think I paid $67 (with tax) for it. You can get it from all Chanel counters.


What's great about it

I definitely see a brightness to my skin when I apply this as my primer. The ingredients of pearl extract, glycine and Liquorice extract also, for me (I have combination/oily skin) as a good moisturizing/serum. 

It is a liquidy primer, not creamy or gooey in texture. So be a bit cautious when you pour it out. Also remember to give the container a good shake.

It's quite opaque. And I mean that in a good way. It covers some minor imperfections. 

It sets really quickly too, to a semi-matte finish. It does not feel like it has silicon in it at all and is not tacky to touch. I would recommend that you work quickly to blend it into to the skin with a stippling brush. I use Chanel's Blending Foundation Brush No. 7 (my only Chanel brush at the moment) or you can use any longer haired stippling brush. One of my favourite and most affordable one is from E.L.F..

It also has SPF 30 (marked SPF 40 Broad Spectrum overseas) Sun Protection. In Australia, you will notice that a sticker has been stuck on both the box and the product itself saying "SPF 30". The regulations in Australia around the classification of sunscreen is more stringent as Australia has the highest skin cancer sufferers, so sunscreens are considered borderline medication.

It definitely brightened my skin and smoothed out my pores to some extent. I needed about a pea sized amount (and even that was a bit too much so I blended it down to my neck). 

It prolonged the wear of my Chanel foundations to about 10 hours. Usually for me, the Chanel foundations (Vitalumiere and Velvet Matte) on their own last 6-7 hours with touch-ups required after 3 hours. 

What's not great about it

This will not completely assist with hiding enlarged pores, but the brightening effect does blur them out a bit and does not make them look larger.

This is NOT the primer for you if you have oily skin. You would most likely need to use a primer power on top or another oil control primer under it to control oil. 

There is a distinctive scent. Not quite like sunscreen but it definitely has a light perfume scent so if you don't like scented products, you might not like this. The scent does go away after application though, or rather I didn't notice it anymore.



Up Close - You can see that sticker there, which you won't have in other countries


On the skin - just a drop. My hands are darker than my face as I do a fair bit of outdoor activities



Here you can see the colour correcting and brightening properties clearly. That lighter shade in the middle of my hand is from about half a pea sized drop. It's fairly opaque and obscured some of the imperfections on my hand. 

-------------------------

Final Thoughts: I like it, however I must leave a disclaimer. I love anything Chanel.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Merci beaucoup mes amis. À bientôt 
With Love

TeaCupofMakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment