Saturday 23 April 2016

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Lipsticks & Swatches


I'm a huge fan of Guerlain's cosmetics. In fact, I collect a fair bit of their products. Their elegantly designed, beautiful, classy and timeless.

This time, Guerlain seems to have changed their design concept, leaping into the future, so to speak, by combining the classic Law Petite Robe shape with a bit of Pop Art.


The Lovely shape of the La Petite Robe Bottle in one of it's different releases



The Pop Art influence can be seen on the box

what are they?

From the Guerlain website, they are described as:
deliciously shiny texture to dress up your style with colour! 
Vibrant shades in an innovative texture: 
  • a light-weight texture reveals the lips’ natural radiance, leaving them supple and comfortable
  • buildable coverage thanks to its thin film: one layer to offer a glimpse of the sensual texture of the lips, several for a more dense and sophisticated finish
  • inspired by La Petite Robe Noire, the formula is deliciously perfumed and delicately flavoured for an unforgettable taste on your lips 
  • an ultra-shiny finish and pure & luminous colours thanks to a cocktail of fine oils and a selection of “POP” pigments coated in a specific shine-boosting resin
I totally agree with the above.

You get a lot of shades to choose from. There are 24 shades as far as I know.

I purchased:
  • 061 Pink Ballerinas
  • 063 Pink Button
  • 068 Mauve Gloves
You can buy them anywhere Guerlain Cosmetics are sold. They cost A$47 each, which is not bad considering MAC lipsticks are A$36 and a Revlon Lipstick can cost up to A$30

what's good about them?

The packaging is so cute! I also like the fact that unlike other lipsticks with clear tubes, the designer has thoughtfully designed it so that the lipstick will never smudge the clear cover.

I love the taste! I'm not sure if I am imagining things, but I thought there was a faint vanilla taste.

OMG, this is like spreading high quality made in the Swiss Alps butter on your lips. It felt so comfortable. So silky, so smooth. I have fairly dry and chapped lips, so this lipstick is perfect for me as it is very moisturizing.

I do like the shine that it gives. No lip gloss needed. I felt my lips look plumper as well.

They are buildable. You can go sheer to full on colour.

Lasting power: 3-4 hours. If you're eating something, it will come right off. It did not seem to leave a stain.

what's not good about them?

The colour in the tube and swatches can de deceiving. I guess this is true for all lip colours. They tended to appear somewhat more subtle on my lips. 

I would say my lips are not that pigmented.

At first, I was put off by the perfume scent, but it grew on me. For those that don't like scented products, this might not be for you.



Simply Sublime Packaging



061 Pink Ballerinas



068 Mauve Gloves



063 Pink Buttons


So will you try them? I highly recommend them!


Yours Truly and with Lots of Love, TeaCupofMakeup


No comments:

Post a Comment