Tuesday 30 September 2014

IMATS 2014 Sydney - Fun Times All Around & Haul



Hi Lovelies! This year, IMATS Sydney was held at the Royal Hall of Industries, Moore Park - just across from the Hordern Pavilion (a very popular concert hall in Sydney). I have to say, I much preferred this location. Also the exhibition space felt much bigger than last year (which was held at Darling Harbour Convention Centre).

I attended both days (Saturday and Sunday). This year, I had two of my girlfriends with me - one on each day. I really enjoyed this year's experience more than last year. It just felt like a better venue and there were so many new and exciting vendors this year. 

The first day was like a mad house, a real frenzy of crazy makeup addicts like me. The second day like last year was a lot more relaxed.

I think my highlights were meeting Ms Amy Doan #shrinkle - the creator of Sugarpill and just seeing what else was on offer from new vendors like  Bésame CosmeticsEgyptian Queen  and Lipstick Republic and many many more. 

I have lots of photos for you. So here goes!

First up - Sugarpill

This was the first stand I headed to as there were quite a few limited edition items I wanted to get. Besides queueing for 1 hour to get into the venue, I had to queue for another 40 minutes or so, to get my purchases. Check out my haul video for what I got and live swatches, but here are some photos.


Had to take a photo of the bags!! So kawaii! Argg cuteness overload


Isn't she the cutest!

More cute babes from Sugarpill

I managed to get a Pro Palette (the one with 12 colours at the back). That sold out in a few hours.


Look at how adorable their displays are! It was also the global launch of the Sugarpill's new palette called "Sparkle Baby".
The Sparkle Baby palette sold out in a few hours, but I managed to get two (one for me, one for my GF)

I can proudly report, I have everything :P

The lashes I wanted were sold out!! Bummer.

The mad frenzy at the Sugarpill stand
I really have to hand it to the Sugarpill girls. They were the best dressed group in the entire IMATS. They really made an effort, and I think they flew into Sydney just for the event.


Let's just admire this fabulous outfit!! LOVE the hair.
The girls were very kind to pose for me, and as you can see above, they were very patient and posed so nicely like super models!!

I didn't see Ms Amy Doan of Sugarpill on the first day, but I saw her on the Sunday. She was sooooo nice and very sweet. I think she looks just like a Harajuku doll. She very kindly consented to pose for a pic with me. I didn't know what to say, and babbled something like "I have everything!!!". 

She looks FABULOUS & of course it had to be the day I looked like (especially) crap.

Lime Crime 

This stand was very close to the Sugarpill Store. This year, they were a lot smarter. They had a stand that was double the size of last year and had these massive bags and a full Lime Crime backdrop.

Also they made sure to have several display stands for all to test out before purchasing.




Rather blurry photo - sorry!
Other than the new Velvetine called Utopia (a vibrant orchid colour) which was already released on line. There was nothing new from Lime Crime. Now, I have to point out that this was not a store run by Lime Crime but the Australian distributor for Lime Crime. The prices were at a 20% discount. 

My GF (Sarah - who looks like Taylor Swift) that accompanied me on the first day was so fascinated by how big and bright the Lime Crime bags were. So much so, that she bought a lippie and was given that massive bag! I bought a few things for my upcoming giveaway ;P and also got that ridiculous big bag. I guess it turned every makeup enthusiastic into a walking ad for Lime Crime.

Massive Lime Crime bag in green. It's HUGE!

Bésame Cosmetics

As far as I am aware, this was the first time Bésame Cosmetics was on show at IMATS Sydney. 

Go here for more info of this brand (USA Link here  Australian Link here). This is an American based brand that makes very high quality makeup in vintage inspired packaging. I noticed that in the USA, you can buy it through Amazon and get 2 day shipment under Amazon Prime (Amazon Link).

I was quite excited to see that this brand was going to be at IMATS this year, and so that was the second store I headed to. By this time, my GF had joined me. 

The Lovely Ladies of Besame Cosmetics

Their amazing Violet powder which is now my all time fave to set my under eye concealer


Their compacts are plated with 24 carat gold and make great presents. The pressed powders also come in refills
I will be doing a blog/youtube review on Bésame Cosmetics. They are just too beautiful not to go into detail about them.

I purchased one of their foundations because it was made from all natural products and free from parabens



You can get Besame Cosmetics on Amazon

Hakuhodo 

I picked up a few brushes from Hakuhodo. The ones I picked up were the special red lacquers ones from what they call the S100 Vermillion Brush Range. These brushes are all hand made in Japan and incredibly soft.






These brushes are quite expensive (think in the US$100 ++ range). However, you are really paying for superior quality. I call these my "artisan" brushes. The ferrule of the brushes is brass 24-karat gold plated with clear coating.

Bdellium Tools

I also  picked up a few more brushes from Bdellium tool. I mainly purchased from the pink series. I like them because they are all vegan and well, who doesn't like pink?


I think I got a pretty good bargain on them, as they were cheaper than iHerb.com



You can get these brushes on iherb.com and Amazon

Kryolan

I love Kryolan products but they are super expensive! Even with the 20% of discount, I did not purchase the palettes that I wanted. I did get a pretty nifty (and affordable) brush set from Kryolan. 


I really wanted this one, but could not justify the $140 for it.

 Same as above, this palette retails for $140.

This brush set (12 brushes + brush case) was $79 down to $51 and the brushes are SO soft. The brushes are made by Essa for Kryolan. That was all I got from Kryolan, as everything else was sooo expensive (as it should be as Kryolan makes great makeup), and I justified this by thinking it would be good for travels.


Saucebox Palettes

I also got to purchase three palettes from the brand SauceBox Cosmetics (Link)

I have heard good things about these palettes and so I was happy that I could test the out in person before purchasing them. 

I found the texture of the eye shadows to be very creamy and easy to blend.

Photos of the three palettes I bought below:

The Forbidden Fruits Palette

 This HUGE mega palette called the Midnight Blossoms Palette


The Creme de la Creme Palett


Watch my haul video here!

For more IMATS fun and live swatches watch my video :)










More photos from the day

This was the winning entry for the SFX category. 














All in all, I had an awesome time! I think it's always advisable to bring a friend along. My two girlfriends were super interested in everything as they had never been before and they really got into testing and trying out everything. Thank you Sarah and Emily for being my beauty buddies at IMATS 2014.

Well... that's all folks! See you all soon! :)



























5 comments:

  1. loved your post! you looked really pretty! you are right about kryolan, some items worth their price, some I also think they are expensive...kisses dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for commenting! You are very kind :) Kryolan is so expensive even on discount, but the colourful palette I show above was so lovely and tempting. Maybe next year's purchase. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Finally a blog :)))
    I've been subscribed to your channel for a while now :)
    I love your purchase at IMATs (I saw a video to) , I'm not familiar with the brands you've mentioned unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! LOL, yes a lot of people have been encouraging me to start a blog for ages now. Thanks so much for your support. IMATS was fun in the sense that I got to try out less well known brands. They did have MAC there but even with the show discount, it was too expensive. I'm very happy you watched my haul video. xoxo

      Delete
  3. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't belive that exist something like this !! I mean wow <3
    Love all the photos <3 !!!
    Look at all theese eyelashes ! OMG
    Thank you for sharing this with us

    ReplyDelete